Yvonne Hawkey has extensive experience in Community Relations (CR).
For many years she worked at Copper Consultancy managing the CR on large infrastructure projects for the likes of Hochtief Murphy, Crossrail and National Grid.
For companies such as this, CR is of the upmost importance and helps build strong relationships with key community figures in areas where major works are actually taking place. Good, well thought-out CR initiatives fulfil a ‘corporate social responsibility’ criteria as well as building bridges between clients, contractors and local communities.
Yvonne created, managed and delivered many initiatives.
Here are a few examples:
- Tree planting event for the Croydon Cable Tunnel launch (National Grid)
- Cleaning of the River Wandle initiative, Croydon (National Grid)
- Participation and fundraising for the Brimmington Park Festival, New Cross (National Grid)
- Participation and fundraising for the Angel Islington Canal Boat Festival (National Grid)
- Re-decoration of the Plumstead Salvation Army Hall (Hochtief Murphy/Crossrail)
- Several fund raising and community events for the Royal Docks Learning & Activity Centre in North Woolwich (Hochtief Murphy/Crossrail)
- Community Garden initiatives for St John’s Green in North Woolwich and the Asian Community Centre in Plumstead (Hochtief Murphy/Crossrail)
- Participation and fundraising for the North Woolwich spring and summer festivals (Crossrail)
- Curating an historical photography exhibition and arts project in North Woolwich (Hochtief Murphy/Crossrail)
- Fundraising and presentations for Drew Primary School and Bannockburn Primary School (Crossrail)